18 month check-up! Luke and I went for a doctor visit yesterday. To get ready for the whole experience I bought him a doctor kit and we started practicing. He loved it! It has been so long since we have been to see the doctor so I wasn't sure how he would react if we didn't try to prepare. He weighed 26 lbs.( I thought for sure it would be closer to 30lbs.) and everything looks great! He did have to get 2 shots , but I put some EMLA cream on to numb his skin and that really helped. The nurse gave his Lovey a banaid too. The worst part of the whole visit was when the doctor looked in his ears. Other than that he really did great!
Listening to Ducky's heart
Thursday, August 23, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
He is such a big boy! I love the pictures :)
Claire has a doctor kit too and plays with it all the time (although she always gives me the shots in the stomach...ugh!)
What a bonus for Luke to have a great Child Life Specialist for a Mom!
That was a great idea! That might be the only toy we don't have around here! A doctors kit is a great idea! Mine just use their imagination to do those things. You'd be surprised the things they come up with!
Such a good idea to get the dr kit. I guess I went for the "shock and awe" plan last time we went for shots. :)
Post a Comment